1. What is Bowen Therapy?
2. Who can benefit from Bowen Therapy?
3. How can Bowen Therapy help me?
4. How does Bowen Therapy work?
The first few moves we do tell your body to completely relax. It shifts the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) from sympathetic (fight, flight or freeze mode) to parasympathetic (rest, relaxation and repair mode) for maximum healing effect.
Illness can be thought of as blocked energy, so to put it in more simple terms, the movements stimulate electrical energy within the body which helps to free these energy blocks.
5. How am I going to feel after a Bowen Therapy Treatment?
Subsequent treatments usually produce improved results.
6. How many treatments will I need to have?
Well, this really depends on your condition. Usually 3 treatments will see a marked improvement or resolution of your problem.
Each Bowen Therapy session builds on the previous one. If more than 3 treatments are necessary, you will find that the time between each treatment should gradually increase.
7. Should I be having ongoing Treatment?
8. How can I help in my Recovery?
- Be open and honest
- Attend the recommended appointment schedule
- Follow the ‘After Treatment’ instructions you are given
- Undertake any stretches and exercises you are given
- Drink lots of filtered water on an going basis
9. Can I claim my treatment with my Health Fund?
From 1 April 2019, as part of the Government changes, all private health insurers will no longer be permitted to pay benefits towards some natural therapy services under extras cover for Australian residents. Unfortunately this includes Bowen Therapy.